Search & Win

Friday, April 10, 2009

I left my heart in Rexburg, Idaho

So I'm here in California.
After a not-so-bad drive down from Rexburg by myself, I found myself in lovely weather and familiar surroundings.
Have I mentioned here before about how much I LOVE going home.
I don't think Brad will ever fully understand the love I have for the Coachella Valley.
The air, the desert, the mountains, the smell, everything!
I know everyone and I know where everything is.
It's one of the greatest feelings in the world to drive down highway 62 from 29 Palms and run into my home.
I LOVED driving down here too.
To be honest, I was dreading it for a while.
Not only because I had to leave Brad behind for almost an entire week, but because my car isn't in the best shape (tire wise. They're almost as bald as my husband! Haha. j/k).
However, the drive went very smoothly.
Especially when I hit the back roads from Vegas to 29.
Going 90 down completely empty roads, windows down, singing old 90's songs, stopping and taking pictures, singing at the top of my lungs, sun on my skin... it was perfect.

Anyway, on to what's been happening.
I drove down here because i'm leaving my car here.
Although I love it, I never drive it anymore.
Plus, when Brad and I go to Yellowstone for the summer, where will we store it?
So i'm gifting it to my little sister for her birthday, and my parents will drive me back up there on Tuesday.
It's been SO nice to be home, even though I find myself missing Brad every second of the day.
My oldest sister drove down from San Jose with my nieces!
So i've been playing with them constantly the past two days.
My brother also drove down from Rexburg and got here last night.
THEN, my sister Katrina drove out from Coachella yesterday afternoon, and it's just so nice to be around so much family!
Today, my mom and I worked a bit on cleaning out the garage.
I took 4 boxes of my stuff that had been stowed away, and simplified it into one, and piling everything else into boxes headed for donation.
It feels nice to just simply and organize.
Plus, I got to relive some childhood memories, even if they really weren't that long ago (I'm so young!).

Let's see... What else?
Oh yes!
I was able to go out to dinner with one of my dearest friends Nikki on Wednesday!
We've been buddies since we met in "Grease" and she was one of my bridesmaids.
We went to Dennys and just had a really nice time catching up, especially since she recently got engaged officially!
Makes sense, since she DID catch my boquet. Lol.
Jeni should be here this weekend for a short time, so i'll be able to see her as well!
Now if only we could get Nicole out here!

Below are just a few pictures from the past couple days.
I'm sure i'll post more once my trip is over.
(If you click on the pictures, you can see them a LOT bigger. I recommend clicking on the first two)



Some pictures from my GORGEOUS drive on the back roads.

Avery and her adorable skirt!
Dancing!
I had to snap a picture of my little sister's bedroom. SO MESSY!
Jordyn and Marci's cat, Oreo, that is almost bigger than her!
Skydancers!
Jordyn was being uncooperative. Lol.
Jordyn decided to take some pictures with my camera, so this picture and the next one are taken by my 4 1/2 year old niece.
(Katrina with a stuffy nose)
Jordyn sprayed everyone with silly string once they arrived! Even my mom!
Laura and Avery
That's my mom. Jordyn took this picture and I think it looks really cool.
Emily hiding fromn Jordyn.


This video is SO funny to me!


No comments: