Search & Win

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Neglect

I have been SERIOUSLY neglecting this blog! SO SORRY!
I've been spending most of my blogging time on my little side project:
Cooking With Kimi

It has been SO much fun working on this! I don't plan on doing it professionally or trying to make money from it or anything. It's really just a way to get me to home cook more and to help me remember yummy things and get inspiration.

In our family news, we went to Vegas last weekend! There was an Odasso get together! It was Brad's dad's side of the family, so his dad's parents came out from Pennsylvania. I also go to meet his older sister Adrienne and her husband James for the first time. It was a lot of fun! We played 7-UP, of course, took pictures, and just had a good time hanging out and catching up.


My parent's also visited last weekend! And guess what they brought me as an early Christmas gift? A HUGE Water Bath Canner! Woo! Finally I can have home canned peaches and pears and tomatoes and applesauce and juice and everything! They have also been bringing up food storage/emergency preparedness items for me, which is greatly appreciated! It's so great to feel safe and secure in case anything bad were to happen.

Katie still isn't saying much. She DOES know some words, but she doesn't seem to care about talking. She knows a few signs in sign language though, and it's so cute to watch her use her itty-bitty hands to sign! She's dancing more than ever, and she runs so fast! She likes to walk backwards, and on her tip toes. She carries her blankets and pillows around the whole apartment and tucks her toys into bed. She hasn't bene doing so hot with her big girl bed. She did SO good for about a week, and then she was teething and that ruined her sleeping and it hasn't gone back to normal since. Brad has to sit with her, next to her bed, for a good 15-20 minutes until she passes out. Then, she'll wake up anywhere between 3 and 6 in the morning screaming at her door, which is followed by Brad bringing her into our bed and after she climbs all over me for 30 minutes, she'll fall asleep. It's been a little crazy and sleep deprived around here. Oh well.

Brad and I were called as Sunbeam teachers, so that should be fun. There are like, 30? sunbeams, so they are all split into 2 or 3 different classes. It's a little insane. Luckily, Katie will be old enough for nursery in just 8 weeks! Counting down the days.


Oh! And I apologize for my blog. The layout is being all kooky for some reason. I'll get to fixing it soon!

No comments: