Search & Win

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Packages, packages.

About 3 weeks ago, I ordered a few things online from Amazon.
I probably shouldn't have, since I had just gotten a new skirt online and some more Bare Minerals.
But I couldn't help myself!
Basically, I wanted to get a spoon rest for the oven so when we're making pasta and what not, we have something to rest the mixing spoons on rather than getting the oven all gross and having to wipe it down after everytime we cook.
That was all I was planning on getting, but then I saw Amazon's DVD sale.
"Pay it Forward" was only a little over 3 bucks, and I love that movie and love adding to our DVD collection even more, so I decided to add that to the shopping cart.
Well, Amazon has this "Free Super Saver Shipping" offer, where you get free shipping on orders over $25 and since I already had about ten bucks in there, and with shipping it would've been around 25 bucks anyways, I decided to add a few more items for the free shipping.
This resulted in the purchase of the book "The Hunger Games" which i've been wanting to read for a while, as well as a new DS game.
All in all, it was about 40 dollars and I don't know what I was thinking!
Anyway, it all came back to bite me in the butt.
I ALWAYS track my packages online to see where they are and when they will arrive.
I meticulously check everyday to be sure things aren't lost or arriving weeks later than expected, you know?
Well, this package was no different.
I watched as it went through Denver and Salt Lake and finally to Rexburg.
I woke up last Wednesday, went online, and saw that at "4:45 a.m." my shipment had been forwarded to a different address and delivered exactly one minute later.
WHAT?!
I checked our mailbox, empty.
Not even a key to the bigger mail boxes that hold packages.
I checked in the laundry room and the lounge.
Nothing.
Brad asked the managers of they had gotten it.
Nothing.
Our neighbors don't seem to have it, since they haven't stopped by at all.
Finally, last Saturday, I went to the post office to find out where my $40 worth of purchases had been delivered!
The man I talked left the counter and came back 5 minutes later to say he couldn't help me because his supervisor wasn't in.
He then took down my information and said the super would call me on Monday.
All Monday I wait and no call.
All Tuesday, no call.
Today, I am going back to the post office and I am not leaving without an answer this time!
Especially since I have some new shoes arriving in the mail tomorrow (Brad supported this purchase. No worries. Lol.) and I would really like them to not be forwarded somewhere else!

No comments: