Search & Win

Monday, May 2, 2011

Ever heard of cruise control? or your blinker?

(That title is referring to Utah drivers. Haha!)
Alright, sorry I haven't posted yet about our move, but i'm posting now!
The first couple days here were kind of a blur or unpacking and organizing as much as possible before I headed back to Rexburg! I got to Utah on Sunday night and then left for Rexburg again on Tuesday night.
After cleaning my apartment, with the help of my wonderful mother, on Wednesday, Katie and I stayed with my parents at a hotel in the burg Wednesday night and then headed back down here on Thursday afternoon and my parents left to head home on Thursday night.
Since then, we've just continued to unpack and get our home set up and just get settled in overall.
We've been to church 3 times now (only 2 for me because I woke up puking at 4 in the morning) and the ward seems good. There are so many young children, it's a little overwhelming, and there are SO MANY little boys! I'm talking boys under 2 years of age. They probably outnumber the little girls 5 or 6 to 1. Luckily Katie likes little boys more than girls. Haha!
Brad has been enjoying work and i've been enjoying living so close to some of my favorite stores. However, I deeply miss my Albertson's. Is it wrong to want to cry over a grocery store?
The weather has been better than Idaho, but the driving has been awful. (Utah drivers. I think most of you know what i'm talking about.)
I LOVE finally being able to have kittens but I miss my Rexburg friends, and ward, dearly.
It's been great to be able to finally buy real and comfortable furniture, but I really really miss free utilities.
There are a lot of positives and negatives but I won't get into them all.
For now, I am just going day to day and waiting for warmer weather so we can start swimming!

As far as Katie news, she is super crazy. She is not yet 11 months and practically running around the apartment 24 hours a day! She walks SO GOOD and has such great balance for such a little girl. Really, it makes me sad to not have my baby girl anymore but she is so fun to watch and play with that it's ok.
We'll just have to work on making a little little teeny baby for me to cuddle with because Katie is too busy to cuddle anymore.
She doesn't talk yet, but the sounds she makes have improved. Still no "mama" sound yet though. :(
She eats everything and only has a few foods that she doesn't really like including: bananas, strawberries that are too tart, broccoli (although she hasn't tried it pureed yet), and plain cheerios. Well, I guess she's alright with plain cheerios, but she would prefer something with more flavor.
She likes to dance and clap and she LOVES the kitties! I keep trying to get a picture of video of her with them, but the second she sees the camera, she forgets everything else and just wants to smile and grab it.
She likes to pick them up a lot, and while they don't particularly like it, I think they are getting used to it.
All the recent pictures are on my Facebook, so you can see them there.
I think that's about all the updates. I hope everyone has a great week!

No comments: