Search & Win

Friday, January 27, 2012

Katie

Sometimes I just watch Katie playing and I can't believe how we were so blessed with such an amazing little girl. So many times, I feel like I don't deserve her. I know I haven't made the greatest decisions in my life. Sometimes I'm not the best wife and marriage can be rocky. I more often than not forget to say my prayers, read my scriptures, or thank God for all the wonderful things in my life. And yet, for some reason, Brad and I were given this little girl with this perfect little spirit and it just brings tears to my eyes. I'm sure a lot of this is just pregnancy hormones, but I really am SO THANKFUL for having Katie in my life.

She is SO sweet. She loves so unconditionally and is super cuddly. She will give you the best hugs that just make you want to cry. She wraps her arms around your neck so tight, or lays her head on your chest or shoulder like you are her favorite person in the world.

She is very funny. Whenever I take her somewhere and let her play, myself, and other people, will just watch her play and laugh at her silly antics. I am often asked "Is she always like this?" to which I reply "Yes. Yes she is." She truly enjoys life. Nothing frightens her or worries her. She makes her own fun and laughs at the little things.

She has a great imagination. Give Katie a couple of toys and she creates an entire world. Her toys will laugh with each other, play with each other, kiss each other, and talk to each other. She pushes them around in her toy stroller and tucks them into bed. If there is no blanket nearby, she will use her skirt or dress as a faux blanket to make sure her toys are comfy cozy. She shares her snacks and drinks with them. I love watching her little brain imagine such a fun world.

She has amazing sympathy/empathy. If there is another little boy or girl crying or upset, Katie is the first one to try and comfort them. She will ask me (in her baby babble) about why they are sad. She wants to hug them and help them. As i've been struggling with morning sickness during this pregnancy, Katie is the first to come to my aid. As i'm kneeling in front of the toilet, tears streaming down my face, Katie will look straight into my eyes, give me the most caring little face, and pat me on the shoulder or head. She will sit in my lap and give me a hug. It's truly amazing how much she can understand not just other children's emotions, but her own mother's.

Of course, Katie isn't all unicorns and rainbows. She doesn't sleep through the night, she loves to draw on the walls (and blinds, and cupboards, and the dishwasher, and the floors. . . ), she throws temper tantrums, and has a pretty strong sense of entitlement. Motherhood can still be extremely exhausting and trying on my patience, but Katie is worth it. I will vacuum up the entire box of crushed crackers that have been smooshed into the carpet. I will shower her off after she's been splashing around in the toilet. I have to listen to her crying as she sits in time-out for smearing yogurt all over the entire kitchen. But I find it so easy to look at her, and do it all with a smile. (Well, I almost never smile when it's 4 in the morning and Katie is screaming, but that's different. Lol.)
I am honestly SO impatient to meet our new little Odasso. I'm ready for every challenge and trial, just to meet our new little one. I can't wait to watch their personality unfold. I can't wait to help them grow and learn, and see them develop into their own little person. It's so exciting that i'm only 9 weeks in and I already want to bring out the bassinet and sort through the newborn size clothes.Only 7 more months right? :)

No comments: