Search & Win

Thursday, April 11, 2013

A little weight-loss update

It's sad to admit this, but I haven't seen a number below 150 since Middle School. Well, until today that is! Hello 149.2!
I'm sure some of it might have to do with the fact that me (and my whole family) have been very sick for the past few days, which means I wasn't eating much, but still. . . It's awesome!

I also ran out my my Zrii Achieve shakes a coupe of weeks ago and it's been hard to stay on track since then. They made such an easy and filling meal for breakfast every day! Our budget has been a little tight, so I just couldn't afford the $90 each month. $90 really isn't that much (That's about $3 a serving, about the same cost as a drink from your local coffee shop, but SO much healthier), so hopefully i'll be able to buy them again soon. They really were such a great start to my day! I've been trying to be good and have a green smoothie every morning ,though I do skip some days. Sometimes a piece of toast or spoonful of Trader Joe's cookie butter is just so much easier!

Eating well in general has been especially difficult since we had a kitchen fire two weeks ago. As of now, everything has been cleaned up, thankfully, but we are still missing our oven and stove. We also don't have our microwave, though a friend lent us her extra one in the meantime. I never realized just how much and how often I used my stovetop and oven until I didn't have them! I literally used them every single day! I've been trying to plan more meals using our george foreman grill, waffle maker, Vitamix and crockpot for warm meal substitutes. I guess it's time more of my small appliances get some use.

Brad has been out of town since Monday, which has been AWFUL. I'm glad he was able to have some fun and go to a conference for work and everything, but wow, the timing couldn't have been worse. The sickness in our house has just been awful, and taking care of two sick kids, while being sick myself, is so incredibly taxing. I feel like a walking zombie. Can't wait until my hubby is home.

1 comment:

katrina said...

Hope you feel better soon, and congrats on the weight loss!!