Search & Win

Monday, December 1, 2008

Caution: LONG post.

So, I realize I haven't blogged in two weeks...
Sorry!
I was just pretty busy, and then I was gone all last week and didn't take my lappy, so there ya go.
Anyways, this blog is dedicated to my latest vacation.

It started last Sunday.
After tithing settlement/check up on the marriage thing with my branch president, Brad and I set out on our journey.
We drove to Orem, Utah to stay with Jenna and Travis for the night, listening to Twilight on Brad's ipod on the way.
We got there, I think we ate some food, and then just went to sleep pretty much.
We decided to leave around 9 the next day, hoping to be in Desert Hot Springs, SoCal by 7ish.
So, we started driving.
About 4 hours later, Twilight stopped working.
Apparently, the second half of the file was corrupted or something, so we were stuck listening to the few songs Brad had on his ipod.
Along the drive, I of course, being the more adventurous one, wanted to stop at different places and look around, go for walks, etc...
But Brad, being the dull one (I love you Brad!) just wanted to drive straight down there, so there was a lot of sitting.
Anyway, on to more interesting things.
We got into my home town around 8, I think (after missing the turn outside Vegas so we could take the back roads. We ended up having to take the freeway and deal with traffic. Bleh.) and just kind of chilled at my parents house.
We ate a little bit of food my dad had made, watched whatever movie was playing on T.V. and pretty much just sat around and did a lot of nothing, apart from going to Walmart in the evening and just walking around.
It was nice after I had been working so much.
So then on Tuesday, we went and saw the movie Bolt with my little sister (which was super cute bytheway!), we probably played some Bloons Tower Defense (I can't really remember what we did. It was so long ago!).
Wednesday was Knotts Berry Farm day!!!
We left around 8:30 and got there soon after.
It was super sweet because it was kind of drizzly outside, and it was a Wednesday, so the park was practically empty!
Which meant no lines for rides!
For those who know me well, they know that Knotts Berry Farm is seriously my favorite theme park ever, so obviously it was a fun day.
For the most part.
I'll get to the negative later.
Basically, Brad and I went on every single ride we wanted to, ate funnel cake and drank boysenberry punch, and won some stuffed animals of course.
When the day was done and we were all pretty tired, my parents too us all (Brad, me, my little sister and her boyfriend) out to dinner at this restaurant we used to go to when I was younger called PoFolks.
It's super yummy and they give you TONS of food.
The drive home was nice.
Watched a movie.
Once we got home, however, is when the trouble started.
My stomach had been hurting for a little bit on the drive back, but once we got home it was way worse.
Brad and I were laying down on one of the beds in the RV, waiting for my sister and nieces to finally arrive, and my stomach just kept feeling worse and worse.
My mom soon came out and told me that they had arrived, and when I got up from the bed, I knew something bad was about to happen.
Sure enough, I got in the house and ran straight to the bathroom.
It had been so long since I had puked, I had forgotten how terrible it really is.
I sat with my head on the toilet seat for a while, occasionally leaning my head so more vomit could come out.
It was seriously disgusting.
The worst part?
I could see bits of funnel cake in there.
Anyway, once I thought I was finished, I cleaned myself up and went to go see my nieces for a bit.
Once they were put to bed, I realized how tired I was and got up from the couch to head to the cot my mom had set up for me in my sister's room.
Once again, I ran to the bathroom and spent a bit more time in there.
I then went to the kitchen, grabbed the giant yellow bowl, my mom gave me a water bottle, and I laid in my cot, writhing in pain and not able to fall asleep (not all because of the pain though. My brother-in-law had brought Rock Band with him, so everyone was playing it nice and loud.)
Thursday was a little better.
Brad and I woke up super early and started our drive to Las Vegas.
He had resolved the Twilight problem, so we listened to some more of it.
Once in Vegas, Brad and I went right to the hotel his mom and sisters were staying in.
We visited for a bit with his mom, dad, and sisters, and then took off to Southe Pointe for the Thanksgiving Day buffet.
The line was long and the turkey was dry, but overall, I left "smiling and satisfied" (That's what she said. Thanks Jim! Lol.)
Later, we went over to some outlets down the street and just walked through it, going through a couple random stores and not buying anything.
Friday was BLACK FRIDAY!
Of course, I dragged Brad out early in the morning (Not too early. We left a little after 7) and hit up Frys.
Most of the super good stuff was already gone, but we left with a wireless router for 15 bucks, an external hard drive for me for 70, and a couple laptop cooling pads for just 3 bucks each.
We ate some food in the little cafe they had in Frys, a couple breakfast croissants, so we were set for some more shopping!
B y the time we left Frys, it was already 9:30ish, so we didn't get to Walmart around 10.
I knew all the Kitchenaids for just 130 would be gone already, but I figured there might be some good deals left.
Luckily enough, there were tons of movies for sale!
So naturally, my movie purchasing instincts kicked in, and I bought 6 movies, all for 20 dollars!
Though I also bought Yahtzee for 5 bucks.
Later in the day, we went over to an old friend of Brad's family and visited with her and her kids for a while.
After that, we just played computer games.
Saturday was the day we were leaving, so we packed up everything in the morning and cleaned up the rooms a bit, then left a little bit before 10.
This time, I made Brad stop along the way.
:D
We stopped in St. George and got some food at McDonalds and drove past the temple to take a couple pictures.
I also made sure we got out and walked around whenever we would get gas.
We also finished Twilight and started New Moon.
We decided to stay the night at my Aunt's house in Alpine and got there around 6.
We had dinner with them and played more Bloons, obviously.
Then my brother came by, because he too was staying the night there on his way back to Idaho, and we all visited for a bit before hitting the sack.
We got up Sunday morning and got ready for church and had some pancakes for breakfast.
We then went to church, got back, ate some lunch, played more Bloons, and then Brad and I left a bit after 2.
We stopped in Salt Lake and walked around Temple Square, took some more pictures, when through the visitors centers, and tried to get up to the roof of the conference center, but the only was to do that was to take a tour, and we didn't really have time for one, so we walked around the part of the roof that was accessible to the public.
Then we just drive straight on back to Idaho, got all unpacked, I made myself and Brad some dinner, and then out vacation was basically officially over.

It still sucks to think that Brad and I could have been married right now.
We could have been married for almost a week now.
But I know everything happens for a reason.
And January 3rd is only a month and 2 days off, so i'm sure out patience will be worth it.

In other news, just briefly, I should be hearing back from the HR director at Flagg Ranch Resort sometime this week, and hopefully she'll be delivering good news.
I would LOVE for Brad and I to work up in Yellowstone for the summer for a few reasons:
First, I've never been to Yellowstone and have always wanted to go. I love nature and hiking and camping and stuff, so it should be fun.
Second, what a perfect way for Brad and I to get closer during our first year of marriage! Working together, in a somewhat isolated environment.
And Third, internet access is very limited. I know this would normally sound more like a con than a pro coming from me, but I'm excited to not have access to the world wide web every second of the day. There is only internet in the rec room and only on their computers, so if all the comps are busy, you're out of luck. I just feel like Brad and I have become completely consumed in being online, that we haven't had as much "chill and talk" time as we used to. As I mentioned in my second perk, I want to spend that time getting closer to Brad, and it will be a whole lot easier without laptop screens in front of our faces constantly.

That's pretty much it.
I would have posted some pictures from our trip on here, but I'm still trying to get everything on my external hard drive and I don't want to mess anything up by trying to load pictures on here.
I'll put some up on Facebook soon though, so be on the lookout!

No comments: