Search & Win

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Eye of the Tiger

Today felt very productive!
At least in comparison to most days.
First thing in the morning, Brad and I headed into ABQ so I could meet up with a woman I contacted on Craiglist about a nannying job.
Over our emails, it seemed very likely I would get the job, until I met up with her and she has missed the part in my emails about how i'm only here for the summer.
Since she's looking for something long-term, it probably won't happen.
Jobs never seem to work out for me, do they?
Anyway, afterwards, we stopped at the bank to deposit some money since we are POOR, and then Brad dropped me off at Michaels so I could spend some money! Haha.
Really, I had a 50% off any one item coupon, so you just can't pass that up!
I ended up buying a bunch of cute 12x12 sheets of paper and some cute stickers and embellishments to start a "Wedding Day" scrapbook album finally.
While I was there, Brad headed over to a hotel I found online that was looking for a night auditor.
He got an application and will hopefully be turning it in tomorrow.
Since he was still gone, I walked over to Borders and just browsed for a bit until I broke down and bought a book i've been wanting to read now for a long time!
It's called The Hunger Games and it comes highly recommended from my very well read older sister.
Then I met up with Brad and we came home.
Then I washed our sheets, did a load in the dishwasher, and later headed out to Walmart to buy some junk food and a new card game.
I know it doesn't seem super productive, but that was actually quite a bit for my lazy husband over here.

I've been meaning to post about this for a few days, but hadn't gotten around to uploading the pictures until tonight.
Last saturday I went golfing for the first time with Brad and his dad.
Well, in all actuality, I didn't really golf, mostly just putted a bit while the guys were searching for their golf balls in the rough, but still.
It was super windy out and even sprinkled a little bit, so not the best day, but at least I didn't get sunburned!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry about the nanny job! That's always a bummer. I'm sure something even better will come up. And I need to get a wedding scrap book going! I made a photo album, and who knows. Maybe that will just be it!