Search & Win

Monday, July 27, 2009

Doesn't Brentwood sound like Brightwood? :)

Brad and I arrived in Rexburg on Sunday evening.
Since we had already signed the contract and payed the deposit to live at University Courtyard again, but we couldn't move in until September, we needed a place to live for the next 5 weeks.
After searching the BYUI bulletin boards, we found something that sounded pretty promising, called up the people, and here we are!
The complex is called Brentwood and it's "off the beaten path" as my brother said earlier when he was over here.
It's down past Smith Park, across from K-Mart, kind of, but down this road and behind some trees. Haha.
When we first walked in, I automatically fell in love with it!
It's not furnished, and utilities aren't included, but who cares when you have a living room, dining area, kitchen, bathroom, laundry room, linen closet, two bedrooms, and lots of windows?!
Sadly, we won't be here for very long, but i'll enjoy it whole it lasts.
I took a few pictures while we were moving some things in yesterday, but everything looks smaller in the pictures than they really are, so don't be fooled, it's a pretty sizable apartment.

This is just part of the living room. Brad and I bought this little end table for cheap at Ikea and had just put it together before I took pictures. As you can see, Brad is trying to find out if we get internet here (which we didn't, until we borrowed my brother's Bridgemaxx thing today.)

There's a nice tiled area in the corner. I wish we had a dining table!
Here's the kitchen. There's more room than the one at University Courtyard, but I think there's less cupboard space...
...but, it has a garbage disposal, so that makes the less cupboard space not matter so much.
The bathroom looks TINY in this picture, but it really isn't. Trust me.
Here's our bedroom. These cute tiled mirrors were already on the wall, and I love em! I wish I could taken em with us when we leave, but they appear to be stuck there. And there is the air matrress we bought a few days ago. Pretty comfy, actually.
I'm not sure why this picture came out blurry, but this is our closet.
Here's the second bedroom. Well, here's the closet in the second bedroom anyway. The rest of it is just carpet and a window. Lol.
The hallway.

The laundry room. My absolute FAVORITE area of the whole place! Can you see how big it is? Can you? Can you?!?!
And this is the linen closet at the end of the hall.
Since it was Sunday, and it was nighttime, we didn't want to have to sort through everything in storage to find what we would need for the night, so when we got back, we realized we didn't really have anythiung to cook or eat with! We had brought back a basket of food that we had in storage, and luckily the soup cans had those tabs on them to open them, but we ended up eating the soup right out of the saucepan with two large serving spoons (and some leftover rolls we bought at Desert Book on Saturday). It was pretty messy, but kind of fun!

Well, there you have it!
We're here for the next 5 weeks, and then it's back to University Courtyard.
Not that I don't love it there too, what with all the furniture and utilities and internet and cable and whatnot, but I will miss this place.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Those mirror tiles are easy to find- I did it for a place I lived in (the townhouse in Midvale). Walmart had 'em for like maybe $10 at the most. The mirror tape you get to stick 'em to the wall is hardcore though, and I could never get them off again- it was a good thing my landlord loved the way it looked.

Mom Debbie said...

Thanks for the tour Kim