Search & Win

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Funemployment

The last few days have been SO nice.
Apart from working for 3 hours on Tuesday morning, I have absolutely loved being able to stay home.
It's amazing what more sleep and less stress can do!
I've been able to do so many things, and nothing, all at the same time.
On Monday, I spent some time with Ana cutting out quilt squares at the Humanitarian Services Center for blankets for the Haiti earthquake victims.
I love volunteering and service and i'm so excited to have more time to do so.
I've also had time to meal plan, which has been kinda fun.
On Sunday, I planned out dinners for the next week, wrote out a shopping list for items I needed, compared sale prices between stores, and found what coupons I was going to need and use.
It was so fun!
So far we've had Chicken Pillows with a side of stuffing and broccoli on Monday, we had a pot roast with carrots and potatoes (Paul came over to eat with us and we watched the Lost season premier) on Tuesday, Leftovers on Wednesday, and we'll be having BBQ pulled chicken sandwiches today.
Tomorrow is 5 cheese tortelloni with a side of broccoli (although I might convince Brad to go out to dinner since Friday is our date night), Saturday is mini pizzas, and then Sunday will be meatloaf and mashed potatoes.
Oh, and to make up for the leftovers on Wednesday, I made breakfast instead- bacon, egg and cheese baked quesadillas with some fresh-cut pineapple.
I love being able to cook again, now that I actually have some energy at the end of the day.
I've also been able to clean!
Brad made some comment yesterday about how it's weird to see an empty sink!
The last few weeks have just been so bad for the cleanliness in our home; the sink was constantly full or overflowing with dirty dishes.
Now I can actually keep on top of things like dishes, dusting, laundry, etc.
Brad said that he loves having me home and I can't help but agree.
Today was a "me" day and I feel so darn good right now.
I slept in, watched Friends for about an hour, took a hot bubble bath while sipping a Shirley Temple and listening to Maria Mena, did my hair and makeup, gave myself a pedicure, and now i'm watching "It Happened One Night" and eating chocolate covered cherries.
Then, i'll be doing some yoga for pregnant women and maybe taking a nap?
It doesn't get much better than this.
Tomorrow i'll probably be volunteering at a local cat shelter, feeding the cats and playing with the kittens and whatnot.
Every pregnant woman should stop working after 5 months.
It's so nice.

No comments: