Search & Win

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Banana Bread!

Brad and I both love Banana Bread, and this particular recipe happens to be my favorite (considering I kind of made it. Well, I took a basic recipe and added my own twists anyways).
Granted, i've only made it twice and I tweaked it both times, but it's still the best i've ever tasted!

Kim's Banana Bread

Ingredients:
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 eggs, beaten
3 mashed bananas
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
(Optional- chocolate chips or nuts. I made this recipe first with 1 cup of chocolate chips and it was super yummy, but I made it again without them and it was just as good)

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, unless your oven is insane like mine is, in which case we have to lower everything by 100 degrees, but for most of you out there, 350 actually means 350.
Add ingredients in order listed in a large mixing bowl and combine. It's easier if you stir as you go, by the way.
Grease a basic size loaf pan with melted butter or cooking spray, whatever you usually use.
Sprinkle some cinnamon sugar in the bottom and on the sides of the pan.
Pour the batter into the loaf pan and sprinkle the top with some more cinnamon sugar.
Bake for 1 hour, using the toothpick in the center trick to make sure it's fully cooked.
Remove and let cool for about 10 minutes.

A lot of people generally say banana bread tastes better the second day, but I have to say, this stuff tastes good from when it comes out to a few days later!
Also, when I was looking around for recipes and whatnot, I found a lot of people that add sour cream to their banana bread. Apparently it makes it really, really moist, but since Brad and I didn't have any sour cream, I haven't experimented with this yet.
One more thing for any banana bread newbies out there, use bananas that are VERY ripe. Almost black, you know?
:)






P.S. Anyone else up for a strawberry themed party?
Because these all sound DELICIOUS!
Pulled Pork with Strawberry BBQ Sauce
Strawberry Bars
Strawberry Lemonade
Savory Strawberry Salsa

No comments: