Search & Win

Monday, September 22, 2008

The RULES 1. Link the person who tagged you --- Jenna 2. Post these rules. 3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours. 4. Tag 6 fellow bloggers by linking them.

6 Unspectacular Quirks...

1. I have three completely separate personalities, and I like to keep it that way. One is how I act around people I have known for years and year. I am extremely talkative, very funny, I do random dances and sing songs loudly and act like i'm 9 years old. My second personality is my "professional" one. The one I have when around employers, teachers, and people I just meet. I smile a lot, use my large vocabulary, make jokes at the right times, and say all the right things. My third personality is my favorite, and generally most common. It's the actual me. The, sit around and not do much me. I get into big conversations, but mostly listen to the other person talk. I smile a lot, but not constantly. I'm sarcastic and witty, but am not especially outgoing. I know people say that you should always be yourself around everyone, but I like having three different "me's."

2. I like things to look well-used and old. My lappy (laptop) is only a year old, and it already looks like i've had to for years. I don't like when things are months old but look brand new. I'm not sure why, but it just bugs me! Talk about a strange quirk...

3. I never stay mad for long. Seriously. As hard as it is to get me mad in the first place, you'd think that after so much effort, I would stay mad for a while. But I really don't. I think I've just been through so much crap, that if I did actually hold grudges, I would be so weighed down right now, it would be ridiculous. Which is why I learned to just let things go and forgive. Reflecting on who I am as a person, I would say this is probably my best quality.

4. I am terrified of crickets. Yes, the little relatives of grasshoppers that make that eerie, ear-splitting, high-pitched noise at night. I have been scared of them for my entire life, and despite my efforts, I don't think I will ever get over this fear. One day, you all will read some news story about some human who was eaten alive by these little monsters, and everyone who told me crickets were harmless will be put to shame.

5. Once you get to know me, you might be surprised that I actually really dislike social situations. I hate going to party's or events with a lot of people I don't know, as well as being in small groups where I only know one or two people. It makes me very uncomfortable and I avoid these situations as much as possible. I would MUCH rather be in a huge group with a majority of people I already know, or being in a small group where I only DON'T know one or two people, but I know everyone else. I'm kind of anti-social in this aspect, but I don't mind. I stick to people I know, and that's all.

6. Despite my obsession with the color pink and my generally colorful and bubbly personality, I don't like wearing colored clothing. I love to wear blacks, grays, browns, and white. Deep reds and blues are ok sometimes, but I love just the basic, kind of neutral tones. Friends and family will try to buy clothes for me, and while I appreciate it, the bright pink shirts just aren't me. With this, since i'm already on number 6, I don't really wear accessories. I was big into jewelery and belts and the like in my early teens, but as time wore on and as I grew up, I kind of left that all behind. If I actually wear jewelry, it's generally just one simple necklace, maybe some small diamond stud earrings, and perhaps a CTR ring. I just don't like to feel cluttered. I much prefer plain and simple.

Now, for the tagging.
Since i'm kind of a social blogging newbie (I've been blogging for years, but it's always been private), I don't have many blogging friends. And since Jenna already tagged Brad, this makes it harder.
So hmm...

Michael
Laura
Kevin
Sara
Jeni
Nicole

1 comment:

Jenna Anderson said...

Thanks for doing that Kim! It was fun to read. Hope everything is going well for you! Take care!